Knorr Savory Pulled Rotisserie Chicken Sandwiches

Pin It First of,  Knorr® Homestyle Stock: Thanks Knorr 4 my free sample! I got these the other day through Smiley360 to try out and see what I and my family thought about them.  Smiley360.com is a network of consumers. Consumers participate in social media programs and receive different products and services.


On to the recipe lol ;)

Knorr Homestyle Stock
Luckily I receive the Knorr newsletter, which is always packed with yummy looking new recipes. I came across this recipe a little over a week ago, and thought this would be perfect to try out the new Knorr Homestyle Stock. I love using Rotisserie Chicken for recipes, it turns out to be on the cheaper side and who can beat it, it's already cooked and seasoned! That is, if you like the place that preps it lol.
My not so pretty Rotisserie Chicken!
Now I don't know what happened with this picture of my chicken, but whatever it lacks in the visual department, it definitely made up for in the smell and taste department! 
 Honestly, I'm just lucky it was still intact, by that I mean, we didn't have a single stop on the way home from the store, which meant me leaving the truck and leaving my husband alone with the chicken long enough to come back to a skinned rotisserie chicken lol. (Believe me it only takes seconds! Normally I get back into the truck and there's an extremely strong smell of chicken, letting me know he has done opened the container, and raided it for all the crispy skin, smh)




SAVORY PULLED ROTISSERIE CHICKEN SANDWICHES


INGREDIENTS
1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion or shallots
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1-1/4 cups water
1 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken
1/4 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
PREPARATION

One BBQ Chicken Sandwich coming right up ;)







  • Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds.
  • Stir in water, Knorr® Homestyle Stock - Chicken, ketchup, brown sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and heat through.
  • Serve, if desired, on toasted hamburger buns





    Now for the most part the sandwiches were a huge hit, EXCEPT!! Of course i deviated from the recipe, otherwise how would it be my own little experiment lol. Mine had no onions! And for some reason, at first I thought I had too much chicken and not enough sauce, so in my own brilliant mind, I figured that would be a quick fix! Of course! Just add another tub of the Knorr, a bit more Ketchup and some water! And not to mention I added the ever needed, slice of cheese in my household. Voila, well not quite lol, I would recommend to not use two tubs, it made our sandwiches EXTREMELY salty!!! Still tasted good, but if you're watching your salt, definitely stick with just one tub ;) We will definitely buy more of these though, all in all I loved their flavor, the ease of use and the fact of how much space they save in my cabinets.

    1 comments:

    StylishByNature said...

    LOVE !!

    Dear, I am hosting Harvey Prince international giveaway currently, where 10 winners will win $550 worth of Perfumes...Would mean a lot...Just click the link below to enter :)

    Enter 10 winner Harvey Prince ($550) Giveaway
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    Post a Comment

    I love comments and would love to hear what you think! Feel free to leave me some feedback.


    up