Naan Stonefire Breakfast Pizza

Pin It Hmm, yummy!
Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I won three packs of Stonefire Naan Flatbread from the Leslie Loves Veggies blog! Now I for one, absolutely love bread, all sizes and shapes and types and flavors :) I truly believe that deep down I am a bread glutton! It is one of my guilty pleasures, and I love to eat it on the side to almost any and every meal.
My finished Naan, right before I devoured it :)
Now my husband on the other hand, yeah he's kinda Blah, whatever about bread lol. Take it or leave it, makes no difference to him. So when I told him of my absolutely glorious bread win, he quite honestly probably thought that I've lost my mind lol. Needless to say, my goal for the last couple of weeks, while waiting on my yummy Naan to arrive, was to find a recipe that would absolutely floor my man, and maybe even erupt a little bread love from his as well. Keep in mind, not enough bread love to where I might have to find hiding places for my bread, but enough to where he realizes bread is better for more then just the good ol' lunch ham sandwich.
So while searching high and low, and I'm kidding here, of course the first place I went to was the Stonefire website to search for that elusive, my husband will love bread after this, recipe.
And, well there it sat, in all it's glory, the Stonefire Naan Flatbread Breakfast Pizza. Now breafast and Pizza are two things my husband Billy loves! What better way than to combine the two lol.
Following is the recipe from their site and some pictures of my first try.


My first step, getting the Naan Ready :)
1 package Stonefire Tandoori Naan, Original variety
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (Used shredded, we just prefer it over grated)
6 strips double smoked bacon  (Yay, for low-sodium lol)
1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese  (I used 2%)
4 large eggs
2tbsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
1tbsp finely chopped chives
1tbsp thinly sliced greed onion
 Salt and freshly ground pepper

Here are the Naan with the Mozzarella and the Shredded Parmesan that I used.
Directions
Fry the bacon in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until crisp. Let cool and cut into small pieces.
Lay the Naan bubble side up on a baking tray, sprinkle with the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses and the cooked bacon. Crack 2 eggs on each Naan and season with salt and pepper.
Place Naan on middle rack of preheated 400F oven and heat for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the egg yolks are cooked. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the parsley, chives and green onions.
Slice and serve immediately.

In the meantime I have my bacon cooking.
With the added eggs, as you can see on the left one, I had one of the egg whites make an attempt at running away :)



It took my oven about an extra 4 minutes, to not have any runny whites left. But hmmm, these look so good!
Here is Billy's finished Naan, and just to let the world know, he actually used the words, "wow, this bread has great flavor"

I'd also like to add, once your breakfast pizza is ready to eat, loose the fork and knife! We ate these as though they were just a large slice of pizza! Made it that much more fun :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and say I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same subjects?
Thanks a lot!

My web site :: vacation for less than 2000

Post a Comment

I love comments and would love to hear what you think! Feel free to leave me some feedback.


up